Faculty and Staff
Jacqueline Haverkamp, DNP, MBA, RN, FNP-C
|Department:||Advanced Professional Nursing Practice & Leadership
College of Nursing
College of Nursing
Qualities derived from my experiential career as an advanced practice nurse, educator and administrator provides the skill sets required to teach doctoral level financial management and strategic planning courses as well as all didactic and clinical FNP courses. In fact, I believe as upheld by the Institute of Medicine Report (2011), The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health that nursing leaders must become full partners in business, research, practice, and health policy as it will take all interdisciplinary, collaborative professionals to advocate for ongoing reform to our current healthcare system(s). To become full partners with physicians and other health professionals, nurses must be able to speak the language of business, clinical and health policy partners and it is this type of learning that includes data analysis, financial management, strategic planning and system(s) thinking that most excites me.
- Post-Master's MBA - Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, 2016
- D.N.P. - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2012
- Post-Master's FNP - Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, 2009
- Nurse Educator Certificate - Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, 2008
- NHA Core Knowledge Course - The Ohio State University, 2005
- M.S.N. - Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, 2004
- B.S.N - Franklin University, Columbus, OH, 1997
- A.S.N. - Otterbein University, Westerville, Ohio, 1981
FNP clinical and didactic courses; DNP advanced practice and nurse executive courses; Financial and Strategic Planning courses
- 2017 Leadership in Higher Education Conference (MAGNA Publications), Baltimore, Maryland, Podium Presenter: “A Map for Successful Accreditation Success”, with P. Keane & A. Ribar, 10-19-10/21/2017.
- 2016 National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF), 42nd Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, Poster Presenter: “Application of AACN-AONE Task Force Guiding Principles on Academic-Practice Partnerships by a Small Liberal Arts Institution”, with P. Keane & A. Ribar, 4/13-4/17/2016.
- 2016 National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF), 42nd Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, Poster Presenter: “The Development of an Online Preceptor Orientation Portal based on the NONPF Partners in NP Education: A Preceptor Manual for NP Programs”, with P. Keane & A. Ribar, 4/13-4/17/2016.
- “Faculty Shortage Continues”, Panelist speaker at National Nurses Day at the State House, 2/18/2015.
- 2014 American Association of Colleges of Nursing Doctoral Education Conference, Naples, Florida, Podium Presenter: “Beyond Academic Evidence: Innovative Uses of Infographics within e-Portfolios to Achieve Learner-Centered Outcomes in a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program”.
- AACN-Wharton Nursing Leadership Program Fellow
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Hospital Association
- American Nurses Association/Ohio Nurses Association
- American Organization for Nursing Leadership
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- National Association of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- Ohio Action Coalition
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Ohio Council of Deans and Directors
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Ohio League for Nursing
- Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives, now Ohio Organization for Nursing Leadership
Practicing FNP 2009-present
Appointed Board of Trustee Member for Harris-Askins House, Westerville, Ohio Rotary, 2016-2018
Patient Safety Council Community Member for OhioHealth-Grant Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, 2014-2018
Appointed member of the Ohio Nurse’s Association Task Force on Education, 2012 – 2014
Member of Ohio’s Action Coalition, a collaborative that is responsive to the 2010 Institute of Medicine Report entitled, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health”– September, 2011 – present
Member, Ohio’s Nursing 2015 Initiative, a collaborative initiative of professional Ohio nursing organizations working to heighten the visibility and image of nursing across the state, including BSN-IN-10 legislation – 2009 – July 2012 (merged with Ohio’s Action Coalition)
Assigned by the Ohio Nurses Association to evaluate the effectiveness of HB346, Ohio’s Safe Nurse Staffing Plan, by reviewing staffing plans for Ohio’s hospitals, March, 2010-June, 2010
Co-authored “Transforming nursing education through interprofessional collaborative innovation: A project story” in Computers, Informatics, Nursing . 2020.
Co-authored AA Map for Successful CCNE Accreditation” in Journal of Professional Nursing . 2018.
Co-authored “Beyond Academic Evidence: Innovative Uses of Technology within e-Portfolios in a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program” in the Journal of Professional Nursing. 2015.
Advisory Work Group Member of the American Nurses Association revising the book, “Nursing Administration: Scope & Standards”. 2014.
Co-authored “BSN in 10: What Is Your Opinion?” in AORN Journal. 2013.
Co-authored Ohio’s Nursing Initiative Yellow Team research entitled “The Urgency for More Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Prepared Nurses and the Accessibility of BSN Completion Programs for Registered Nurses (RN’s) licensed In Ohio” posted on Nursing 2015 Initiative’s website: http://nursing2015.wordpress.com.
Contributor to Nursing 2015 Initiative’s, “Talking Points”, posted on Nursing 2015