As a student in the Bachelor of Science in Integrated Information Technology (iIT) program, you will perfect your information technology and communication skills, and you will also develop an understanding of business and technological issues. You will receive in-depth instruction in several core areas:
- design, development, and management of information systems
- network implementation, security and support
- end-user support and training
- database systems and administration
- web site design and management
- IT project management
- large-scale computing
- human/computer interaction
During your freshman and sophomore years, you will take required university courses such as English, history, foreign language, fine arts and social science, as well as core courses in your major. In your junior and senior years, you will complete your major courses, including networking, database management, visual programming and project management.
In addition to your core and advanced courses, you will receive a foundation in general education and management. You will round off your academic career with a senior capstone project class and a mandatory industry internship, solidifying your command of leadership roles in any business setting.
Undergraduate Program Coursework
- 120 credit hours including:
- 36 hours in the iIT major, including internship
- 18 hours lower division IIT courses
- 18 hours of foundational, management-focused courses
- 31-43 hours of Carolina Core
- 5-17 hours of free electives
- One internship (junior or senior year)
- Capstone project (senior year)
For more details about the degree requirements and curriculum for the Integrated Information Technology, B.S., please visit the academic bulletin.