The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science: Law & Justice Studies is issued by USC Upstate, one of USC's senior campuses.
The Political Science program with a concentration in Law & Justice Studies at USC Upstate prepares you for careers as attorneys, marketing professionals, managers, political analysts, intelligence analysts, city planners, non-profit organization directors, teachers, and any field that values skills in data analysis, writing, research, sociology, psychology, project management, and communication.
Why should I complete a bachelor's degree in political science?
Our alumni work locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally as lawyers, political analysts, survey statisticians, city planners, teachers, non-profit organizers, and officers in the armed services.
Why should I complete a degree online from USC Upstate through Palmetto College?
USC Upstate is the #1 ranked public baccalaureate university in South Carolina and the South's best college for veterans. As a Palmetto College student, you'll have access to USC Upstate's academic resources and enjoy a flexible schedule without having to relocate. And best of all, when you're finished with the program, you'll graduate with a degree from a top-notch, nationally recognized university.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Students with some college experience require a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in all previous college level course work.
- Students transferring credits into the program are encouraged to have completed the
- Two courses in Composition
- College Math ( or higher) and Statistics
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Two courses in world language, or placement in the intermediate level in world language
Enjoy one-on-one advising and mentorship, and conduct research projects with faculty members or arrange internships with local officials or attorneys where you live. Add a Pre-Law minor to help prepare you for a future in legal fields.
The curriculum includes coursework in the following areas:
- Global Politics, Law, & Justice - 9 credit hours
- American Presidency or Legislature - 3 credit hours
- Movements & Rights - 3 credit hours
- Law courses from criminal justice & political science - 6 credit hours
- Behavior & communication courses - 3 credit hours
- Internship, Study Abroad, or Service-Learning - 3 credit hours
- Research Methods & Senior Seminar - 6 credit hours
- Other Political Science courses - 6 credit hours
Frequently Asked Questions
Completion time varies based on accumulated credits in general education and other courses required for the major. The degree requires 120 credit hours. It is up to you and your advisor to decide the appropriate number of hours to take each semester.
Students are eligible to receive applicable federal and state financial aid assistance. Current fees and tuition rates can be viewed at www.palmettocollege.sc.edu
The degree is awarded by the University of South Carolina Upstate and meets the same rigorous standards and accreditation as any traditional degree from UofSC.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year. Follow the application instructions for this degree to start the enrollment process.
If you have questions or would like an unofficial pre-evaluation of your college work before applying please call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances.