The Palmetto College Online Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Management is issued by USC Beaufort, one of USC’s senior campuses.
Palmetto College's Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management offers an exciting hands-on program of study that allows students to focus on the different areas of concentration - such as hotels, food service, or tourism in general. The program encourages students to focus on destinations within South Carolina, and we hope to retain talented graduates to work right here in our state.
The purpose of the Hospitality Management program is to provide and continually improve a curriculum responsive to the dynamics of the state’s growing hospitality industry.
- Receive a high quality educational experience
- Conduct applied research to advance knowledge in the discipline
- Provide outreach and service to the state and local hospitality/tourism industries
What should I complete a bachelor's degree in hospitality management?
Through a bachelors degree in hospitality management, students will be prepared to
serve in leadership and management positions in a wide range of settings including
lodging, food service, time-share operations, golf courses, resort operations, retail
conference and convention arenas, private clubs, continuing care/retirement facilities,
Prerequisites and Requirements
To apply for this online degree program, students must have:
- 45-60 credit hours from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Students transferring credits into the program are encouraged to have completed the
- Composition and Literature
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Foreign Language
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Natural Science with or without a Lab
- Social or Behavioral Science
- Fine Arts
- American History or American Government
If you’re a full-time student, the program should take about 2 years— the same as if you were attending class in-person. If you work, you may need to take a lighter course load. Talk to an advisor about how to balance Palmetto College classes with your schedule.
Ready to get started?
New terms begin six times per year, with the option to take your courses 100% online or in a blended format.
Call, chat, or email us today! Our trained representatives can create a plan that takes into account your earned credits and your unique circumstances. If you are unsure whether you meet the prerequistes and would like to request a pre-evaluation of your previous college work, please talk with a Palmetto College representative before applying.
If you've already talked to a Palmetto College representative, just follow the application instructions for this degree.