Use the checklists below to help navigate the registration process.
- Meet with Your Academic Advisor - Contact your academic department to inquire about when and where you should meet with your academic advisor prior to registration.
- Obtain Necessary Overrides - Contact the academic department that sponsors the class you need an override for and line up your overrides before your time ticket begins.
- Check Your Advisement Hold – Confirm that it has been removed by reviewing the Registration Checklist in Self Service Carolina.
- Experiment with Schedule Planner - Experiment with schedule options before registration, note prerequisites and restrictions. This tool, located in the Student section of Self Service Carolina, is a convenient way to create your class schedule. You can store your schedule in the Registration Cart until it's time for your time ticket.
- Login to Self Service Carolina
- Navigate to the Student section, then click on the Registration tab.
- Choose the Schedule Planner option and build your ideal schedule.
- Send your schedule to the Registration Cart and leave it there until your time ticket begins.
- Once your time ticket begins, revisit Schedule Planner, confirm your class selections, and send your final selections to the Registration Cart.
- Choose the Submit option. You will then see a screen that shows which sections you successfully registered in. If you need to select additional classes, revisit Schedule Planner and select the classes you need. Repeat the process above until you finalize your schedule.
- View Student Detail Schedule - As a final step, review your schedule.
If you’re experiencing trouble registering for a class, consider these common registration hiccups.
Special Fee Notification
Students may be required to be proctored during online test completion. If students are unable to attend test proctoring sessions in person at the Distributed Learning office, additional fees may apply for online test proctoring if the course requires online testing.