Join us virtually for Carolina Mini Adventures on Dec. 5, 2020. Our classes do fill quickly, so register early!
Saturday, Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Carolina Mini Adventure courses are open to students in grades 6 through 8 or 9 through 12. The grade level is dependent upon the course offering for the program dates listed.
- Courses are either held at UofSC-Columbia or virtually on Saturdays.
- Tuition is $75 per course per date.
- Registration is from 9:45 to 10 a.m.
- Class meets from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a break for lunch.
- Scholars can enroll in one class per program date and enjoy hands-on learning experiences in academic topics that might not be available in local schools.
- Class size is limited to 20 students per course, unless otherwise noted.
Costs and Acceptance
- Tuition is $75 per program date and includes all academic activities and material.
- To register, complete the online registration form and pay the required fee online.
- Full course payment is required at the time of registration and is nonrefundable.
- Courses are filled on a first-come, first served basis.
- Applicants who cannot be placed in the selected course will be placed on a waiting list and notified of waitlist status if/when a course becomes available.
- Upon acceptance, additional information, including acceptance forms, will be sent by email within five business days.
- A course reminder email with course location and details will be sent approximately one week before the class start date.
- All participants must be covered by health insurance.
- If a student is unable to attend, please notify us at email@example.com immediately.
Application and course fees for Carolina Mini Adventures are nonrefundable. Course
fees are refunded only if the course is not offered by the University of South Carolina
or if the applicant is not accepted. If full course payment is not received by the
due date stated in the student’s acceptance forms or at least two weeks prior to the
program date, the student’s space in the class will be released and any payments made
prior to this time will be forfeited. Cancellations will result in forfeiture of payment
except in cases of illness (with doctor’s note on letterhead) or death of an immediate
The liability of the University of South Carolina is limited to the registration fee, and the university will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants or their families, including but not limited to airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. Refunds take four to six weeks to process. The university reserves the right to cancel and refund all registration fees for any course due to circumstances beyond our control, including insufficient enrollment.
Individuals with disabilities or other special needs who anticipate needing reasonable accommodations or who have questions about physical access may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-777-9444 in advance of your participation in the program.