Write for Success!
In the initial segment of the course, you will discover funding sources and learn the basic guidelines for creating grant proposals. During the afternoon session of the workshop, you will have the opportunity to write a letter of intent, compile a simple budget and have it reviewed by peers. Emphasis is given to idea development, identification of the appropriate grant agency, how to write for reviewers, and proven value tips for presenting an applicant’s case to reviewers.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the basics on how to research for available grants as well as begin the grant process
- Understand the fundamental elements of a grant proposal such as the objectives, problems addressed, methodology, evaluation, assessments, budget and cover letter
- Prepare professional, competitive, compelling and successful grant proposals
- Become proficient in the proposal format used by the vast majority of public foundations, state and federal agencies
- Know the advantages of including community partnerships
- Discuss the benefits of forming a grant writing team
- Understand how to write a letter of intent to corporate foundations
The Course Outline
- Ice Breaker Activity
- Myths about Grants Assessment
- Grant Terminology 101
- Who are your funders?
- Understanding the Basic Components of a Full Proposal
- How to Condense your Proposal to Respond to Corporate Foundations
- The Importance of Collaborative Partnerships
- Sustainability - When does it begin?
- Basics to a Successful Budget