Thanks to our campus and corporate sponsors, we are pleased that scholarships are now available for the 2020 Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series. Please review each scholarship and its requirements and application processes. Note that you may only receive one of the following:
Needs-based partial scholarships in the amount of $250 for residential or $150 for commuter scholars will be awarded to students interested in enrolling in any of the 2020 CMS Adventure Series courses. These scholarships are awarded on a first-come first-served basis to families who demonstrate need. Each student may only receive one scholarship during the 2020 summer term.
To apply for this scholarship, submit the following information in one packet to us:
1. Complete and return the paper application for the Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series
2. Complete an online profile
3. Include a copy of your most recent report card/transcript.
4. Include a $200 deposit. If awarded, the scholarship will be deducted from your total fees.
5. Send us the participant's parent/guardian 2018 or 2019 Federal Income Tax Return (1040) which will provide us with your income and the number of dependents you claim. If you do not file a 2018/2019 Federal Income Tax Return (1040), please submit proof of income and include the number of your dependents that you claim.
*If you have already applied and been accepted in to a Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series course for this summer 2020, you may still apply for a partial scholarship. Please return the completed acceptance forms that were sent to you with a copy of your 2018/2019 Federal Income Tax Return. If awarded, the scholarship will be deducted from your balance due.
Upon notification of the scholarship award, the remaining balance is due by May 22, 2020. If payment is not received by May 22, 2020 the scholarship and program slot may be offered to another student.
The Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series would like to extend our appreciation to the Carolina Collegiate Federal Credit Union, who is a sponsor of this scholarship.
Partial scholarships in the amount of $700 for residential scholars, $325 for commuter scholars and $415 for commuter plus scholars will be awarded to rising 9-12 students who are interested in enrolling in the CMS Adventures in Aerospace to be held June 21 - 26, 2020. These scholarships are awarded on a first-come first-served basis to students from under-represented student populations which include females, Native Americans, Hispanics, and African-American students from South Carolina. Each student may only receive one (1) scholarship during the 2020 summer term.
This course is designed for high school students interested in Aerospace or pursuing a career in engineering or aerospace engineering.
Adventures in Aerospace Course Description: Have you ever wondered what it takes to be an aerospace engineer? Spend the week with us and you will learn about the research, design, development, and manufacture of aircraft. Discover new innovations in the USC McNAIR Center for Aerospace Innovation and Research, and then head over to the Challenger Learning Center of Richland School District One where you will learn about rocketry. Learn the basics of composite materials, computer aided design and manufacturing, program industrial-scale robots, test manufactured products, and see into the future of 3D printing technologies. End your week by creating your very own aerospace part made of composites!
The Carolina Master Scholars Adventure Series program would like to extend our appreciation to the USC College of Engineering and Computing, the South Carolina Council on Competitiveness and the SC Department of Education for providing this partial scholarship through a Career Cluster Partnership Grant titled South Carolina Secondary Education Pre-Engineering Career Awareness for Under-represented Student Populations.
To apply for this scholarship:
As a talented and gifted student, we know you are creative and resourceful. If you don't qualify for one of these scholarships, don't be discouraged! Over the years, other students like you have found lots of ways to pay for camp. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Do your parents belong to a civic group, sorority or fraternity or other community group? Ask them to sponsor you.
- Belong to a church or other religious organization? Ask them for support.
- Ask your school or school district if they have additional funds to support your career aspirations or know of scholarships you could apply for.
- Get a part-time job like babysitting to fund the camp.
- Share your passion about the camp you want to attend and why with your mentors, family members and others close to you. Brainstorm together ways to raise the money.
As additional scholarship opportunities for the 2020 CMS Adventures Series become available, we will update this website so please check back regularly.
If you or your business would like to get involved and sponsor the CMS Adventure Series, please email email@example.com or call 803-777-9444.