The University of South Carolina awards the Carolina Master Scholar certificate to students who successfully complete three or more Adventure Series courses. With the Carolina Master Scholar designation, a student receives alumni recognition, may be eligible for extracurricular or portfolio credit during the academic year (as determined by individual school districts), and CMS alumni status. The title Carolina Master Scholar is rapidly becoming a recognized honorary designation known by admission counselors throughout the United States.
Carolina Master Scholars Alumni are:
- rising 6-12 grade students
- academically qualified or identified as talented and gifted
- students who enroll in and complete at least three Adventure Series courses within the six years leading up to high school graduation.
Since its inception in 2003, the Adventure Series has graduated thirteen classes of talented young scholars who have completed three or more courses. Once students earn their CMS certificate, they become official Carolina Master Scholars alumni and are invited to continue their adventures by enrolling in additional courses.
CMS alumni opportunities include:
- Early arrival on Sundays so you can get settled and become an official greeter for incoming scholars
- A special T-shirt, bookbag, and nametag identifying you as a CMS alumnus
- An opportunity to be an ambassador at CMS graduations, trade shows, and other university functions
- A 10 percent discount on CMS residential and commuter programs and other pre-university programs including SAT and ACT prep courses.