Since 2006, University Test Prep has helped over 800 students prepare for the ACT
exam. Let us assist you with meeting your potential on the exam.
The ACT test is recommended and required by many 2-year and 4-year colleges, universities,
and technical schools. Check with the colleges you are interested in attending to
see if they require the test and ask them for their average test score.
We understand the vital role that college entrance exams like the ACT play in college
admission and scholarship opportunities. Properly prepared students are more likely
to perform to their highest potential after completing a test preparation course.
All of our ACT Test Prep course options include expert instruction, a proven format,
all required course materials, access to diagnostic exams, and online support resources
in one convenient, affordable package.
- Expert Instructors: Our test prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors
know the ACT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: USC's curriculum was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience
writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Materials: The ACT Prep Course includes The Official ACT Prep Guide and the ACT Course Workbook.
- Online Support: Our online support package for both face-to-face and online SAT and ACT classes includes
access to recordings of all workbook modules, an instructor-monitored question forum,
and virtual office hours. Access to online resources continues for 30 days after your
last day of class, so you will still have support for your independent practice after
class is over.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the USC Columbia campus in
Columbia, SC. Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit
of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials, access to online resources, and instruction
from a trained professional who cares about your success.
You can choose the environment that best fits your learning style and schedule. Take
a look at our prep courses to see which one best fits your needs and your schedule
and learn more about the ACT exam and application information by visiting About ACT and UofSC.
ACT Prep Online Course
This online course includes 16 hours of total instruction, provided by an expert instructor
in an easy-to-follow live, online format. The online class format is delivered by
a live instructor, combining the interactivity of a classroom experience and the convenience
of an online course. Sessions are recorded and made available to students for review.
Courses are strategically scheduled during the weeks leading up to the most popular
ACT Summer Institute
This intensive 4-day summer institute course will be held July 9-12 at USC Columbia
9:00 AM-3:00 PM and provides 20 hours of classroom instruction in a condensed four-day
format, convenient for students seeking to develop essential test-taking tools during
the summer, when most of them have fewer obligations and more time to practice. You'll
receive an in-depth review of the exam content, strategies for improving their scores,
and a comprehensive study plan. You'll have access to online office hours and practice
material even after you leave the classroom, so you can maintain and improve their
skills until test day.
ACT Weekend Columbia Course
This course is offered several times during the academic year and helps you prepare
to reach your chosen test dates at peak performance. These courses meet once per week,
on Saturday or Sunday, allowing time to practice new skills between sessions. Our
multi-week course format allows abundant opportunities for learning and for interacting
with our expert instructors. Courses are strategically scheduled during the weeks
leading up to the most popular ACT dates and include 16 hours of instruction. This
class meets at USC-Columbia on either Saturdays or Sundays and provides 16 hours of
total classroom instruction.
This ACT class was great. I know more about the ACT than I did before. We covered
all of the material we needed to know for the test.
Our Prep Course Curriculum
Our ACT Prep courses will help take the mystery out of the exam and maximize your
ACT score. Courses includes topics covering required test concepts, including:
Math Topics Include:
- Picking Numbers; Equations and Inequalities; Exponents; Fractions; Word Problems;
Rates and Proportions; Geometry; Lines, Angles and Triangles; Polygons, Circles and
Combinations; Coordinate Geometry; Functions; and Trigonometry
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations
English Topics Include:
- Punctuation Items; Verb Items; Pronoun Items; Clause/Phrase Items; Logical Transition
Items; and Items with Special Instructions.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested
Reading Topics Include:
- Reading comprehension
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives
Science Topics Include:
- Data Representation Items; Research Summary Items; Conflicting Viewpoint Items; and
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items
General Test Taking Topics Include:
- Use of process of elimination
- Mater time management skills
- Minimize test anxiety
- Identify common distractors
This was a very informative course and the material was explained thoroughly.
ACT®, is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. This website and classes are not endorsed
or approved by ACT.