Introducing: The Spark Collective
Apply now to be a member of the Spark Collective, a collaborative, multi-genre ensemble at the University of South Carolina. This exciting new group provides innovative, engaging performances for diverse audiences. Application deadline is March 7, 2018.
Dedicated to developing skills in community and audience engagement, the instrumentation is undetermined. We seek five outstanding graduate student performers with additional skills that will benefit the ensemble. Examples could include experience with secondary instruments, improvisation, composing, arranging, multiple genres, theater and dance, and media skills.
Members of the Spark Collective take part in a varied curriculum that may include:
• Developing through composed, innovative performances
• Designing community engagement initiatives
• Composing, arranging, transcribing and commissioning music for the ensemble from various styles
• Producing music videos
• Designing a website and other professional marketing tools
• Collaborating with local organizations
We do not expect members to have previous experience in all these areas. Rather, our goal is to identify creative, open-minded musicians interested in expanding their horizons.
A weekly time commitment of 8–10 hours is expected; participants receive a stipend
of $4000 per year. Members of the Spark Collective may also be considered for Graduate
Assistantship assignments in other areas (instrumental applied, music theory, music
history, music entrepreneurship, facilities management, etc.).
Materials needed to complete the application form:
• Basic Information
• Personal Insight (3 short responses)
• Attachments (resume/links)
Application deadline is March 7, 2018.
Questions should be directed to Jeff Vaughn at email@example.com.