- Please register to take an exam at least one week prior to your scheduled orientation date. This will give us time to score your exam and get the results to your academic advisor before you meet with him/her during orientation. If you cannot take the exam before you attend orientation, you may take it afterwards. The only aspect of orientation that will affected by this is that you will not be permitted to register for a foreign language course until you receive a placement score. You will still be allowed to participate in activities planned for orientation and to register for classes for the fall semester.
- Each testing date will close and be removed from our registration site approximately one week before it takes place. Once it has been removed, no additional students will be allowed to register for that date.
- Before completing the form below, make sure that you know your USC email address and VIP ID. (Your VIP ID is an 8-digit number beginning with either zero or one. This is also the number used to log in to Self Service Carolina. ) Additionally, you will be asked to select your exam language and choose a testing date. (Exam dates will be held each Wednesday in May, June and July.)
- After registering for your exam, a confirmation email will be sent to your USC email address.
- A reminder email with more information about your exam will also be sent to to your USC email address four days prior to your exam date. In this email, you will learn how to download and install Respondus and will be given the opportunity at that time to take a practice quiz to make sure that Respondus has been installed correctly on your computer.
- You are responsible for checking your USC email address for this information. You can access your USC email through https://outlook.com/email.sc.edu. More information about how to check your USC email can be found in your Admitted Student Guide.
- On the day of your exam once you are ready to begin your exam, you will be required
to take a short quiz to remind you of USC's policies for Academic Integrity. Upon
completion of this assessment, you will then have access to take your placement exam.
Your exam will be available any time on your exam date. (12:00am - 11:59pm)
Please note the requirements for technology before registering for an exam. All remote exams require to the use of Respondus Monitor. Students will only be allowed to take an exam remotely if they have access to the minimum technology required for Respondus Monitor including a Windows or Mac computer, a webcam with a microphone and a broadband internet connection. If students are not able to take the exam remotely because of issues with technology, they are encouraged to wait and take the exam on one of our in-person testing dates later in the fall semester.
Our testing dates for August will be held a few days before the beginning of the fall semester. More information will be available later in the summer.