We understand the vital role that college entrance exams such as the SAT play in college
admissions. Acceptance into a student's school of choice and scholarship opportunities
can hinge on the performance on this high stake exam.
In spring of 2016, the College Board made significant changes to the format and content
of the SAT. Our experts take the mystery out of the SAT, making it clear exactly what
you need to know and helping you to hone your skills for the current format.
All of our SAT Test Prep course options include expert instruction, a proven format,
all required course materials, access to diagnostic exams, and online support resources
in one convenient, affordable package.
- Expert Instructors: Our test prep instructors are highly trained professionals. Our experienced instructors
know the SAT and care about helping you achieve your goal.
- Proven Strategies: USC's curriculum was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience
writing exam questions and preparing students for success.
- Superior Materials: The SAT Prep Course includes The Official SAT Study Guide and the SAT Course Workbook, designed to supplement the classroom lessons.
- Online Support: Our online support package for both face-to-face and online SAT classes includes
access to recordings of all workbook modules, an instructor-monitored question forum,
and virtual office hours. Access to online resources continues for 30 days after your
last day of class, so you will still have support for your independent practice after
class is over.
- Convenient Schedule Options: Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the USC Columbia campus in
Columbia, SC. Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit
of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials, access to online resources, and instruction
from a trained professional who cares about your success.
The SAT exam is recommended and required by many 2-year and 4-year colleges, universities,
and technical schools. Check with the colleges you are interested in attending for
their average test score.
Properly prepared students are more likely to perform to their highest potential after
completing a test preparation course. Let us assist you with meeting your goals on
Best of all? You can choose the environment that best fits your learning style and
schedule from SAT Preparation classroom and live online preparation courses. Take
a look at our prep courses to see which one best fits your needs. Learn more about
the new revised SAT exam and application information by visiting About SAT & UofSC.
The instructor was ready to answer my questions and I feel as though I gained a lot
from this class. The reading and writing and math lessons helped greatly. It was easy
My instructor provided a full range of strategies, helped me practice problems and
covered all of the topics. I feel much more prepared!
Our SAT Prep Course Curriculum
Designed by expert writers, our 4-session preparation courses help you understand
the content and maximize your SAT score. All of our courses include topics covering
required test concepts, including:
Session 1 — Introduction to the SAT, General Information; Math Test Overview; Equations; Inequalities;
Session 2 — Picking numbers; Fractions; Reading
Session 3 — Exponents; Polynomials and Analytical Geometry; Writing and Language
Session 4 — Polynomials and Analytic Geometry and Trigonometry; Writing and Language
Quantitative Test topics include:
- Solution strategies, for both and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Equations and inequalities
- Fractions, percentages and averages
- Rates, ratios, and proportions
- Analytic and coordinate geometry
- Euclidian geometry and trigonometry
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Reading and Writing Topics include:
- Punctuation and grammar
- Writing structure and organization
- Sentence completion
- Critical reading
- Reading comprehension. Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without
reading the entire passage
- Graphical interpretation
General Topics Include:
- Introduction to the New SAT
- Question formats
- Time Management
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Informed guessing
SAT®, and College Board® are a registered trademarks of College Board. This website and
classes are not endorsed or approved by College Board.