How Our Program is Unique
This program prepares you for a successful career in one of the fastest growing professions in the United States. Our training will hone your talents in areas ranging from legal research and analysis to locating and interviewing witnesses. Complete your studies and enter the rewarding paralegal field with the confidence and credentials to succeed!
Our program offers you:
- A choice of classroom or online formats
- Over 120 hours of learning in a six-month comprehensive format
- Excellent resources including, textbooks, workbooks, and online support (all included in your tuition)
- Students research legal issues involved in a real-life client fact-pattern and draft a case-brief and research memorandum about the case.
- Career development opportunities, such as resume writing and interviewing skills, to help you enter the legal field with confidence.
Instructors for this program are attorneys with demonstrated teaching abilities, superior knowledge of the subject matter, and members of the State Bar of South Carolina. All classes are taught by practicing attorneys with expertise in the topic area. Learn more about your instructors.
Who Should Enroll?
- Legal staff wishing to enhance or advance their careers by earning a professional credential
- Career changers seeking a professional career with strong compensation
- Anyone considering law school who would like a head-start on their peers
Admission into the program requires a four-year undergraduate degree and/or four years of professional work experience. This ensures that all of our paralegal certificate graduates are prepared for the high level of training offered at USC.
Scheduling to Fit Your Needs
Our online evening and Saturday classroom formats allow you to attend classes while still maintaining your work or personal schedule during the week. Our program utilizes three learning components to provide you with a well-rounded paralegal education.
Our program is divided into six educational components including Introduction to Law, Torts and Personal Injury, Legal Research and Writing, Civil Litigation, Contract Law, and Family Law for a total of over 120 classroom hours.
Earning Your Certificate
To earn the USC Paralegal Certificate, all students must:
- Complete all six modules with a score of 70% or higher in each class, and
- Achieve a score of 75% or higher in the overall program.
The program cost is $4995, which includes tuition, student access to Westlaw during the Legal Research and Writing course, and all books and materials. There are no hidden fees such as application, registration, or graduation certificate. Students in the online program will receive e-textbooks. Students in the Saturday face-to-face program will receive textbooks.
In addition to class sessions, students receive many additional educational support tools including:
- A student support website (Moodle) which will provide several educational tools and opportunitiese to interact with other students and instructors including lecture notes, common student questions, exercises, mock quizzes and discussion boards
- Access to Westlaw during the Legal Research and Writing course. Individualized Westlaw IDs provide access to this powerful legal research tool from any computer with an internet connection.
- Unparalleled phone and e-mail support
- This program offers a user-friendly support website providing several educational
tools and opportunities to interact with other students and instructors, including:
- Lecture notes
- Common student questions
- Mock quizzes
- Discussion boards
It is important to us that you succeed in your learning experience at USC. That is why we provide continued support throughout your paralegal training. You will have access to technical and instructional assistance throughout the program, as well as phone and email support from our dedicated paralegal certificate program staff and instructors. We are available to answer technical questions regarding website access and provide instructional support for assignments or materials. Once you enroll, a thorough orientation will be provided on the first day of class.