Eligible for USC Sumter students, faculty and staff only.
No registration necessary.
Testing occurs every Monday
Time: 10:30am to 12:30 pm
Where: Patio in front of the Student Union Building (SUB)
Tests will be self-collected saliva tests.
Please follow the testing guidelines:
- Do not eat or drink (even water) 30 minutes before the test.
- Do not chew gum.
- 5ml of saliva will need to be collected.
If you have questions, please contact:
Director of Student Life & eSports
Call or Text 803-500-4831
USC Sumter will begin hosting COVID Vaccination Days. The next event will be:.
Monday, August 30
10am – 2pm
WBE Administration Building
Reynolds Gallery (second floor)
- No reservation needed; A form of ID is required
- The shot is from Moderna and is approved for those 18 years and up.
- Vaccination day is open to the public.
- Shots are administered by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
- For questions or concerns regarding the COVID vaccine, please visit their website at scdhec.gov.
There will be more vaccination clinics coming up. Watch your email for details.
Questions? Contact Kris Weissmann at WEISSMAK@uscsumter.edu
All students must provide proof of one of the following by uploading documentation to MyHealthSpace by Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2021:
- A negative COVID-19 or antigen test conducted between August 8 to August 18, 2021
- Proof of a prior positive COVID-19 infection within the last 90 days
- A completed COVID-19 vaccination record
Directions for Activating Your MyHealthSpace Account & Uploading COVID-19 Documentation:
Visit the UofSC MyHealthSpace website
Click on the Student or Faculty and Staff button
Login with your UofSC credentials
Enter your date of birth (This will activate your account)
On the left hand side, click on Medical Clearances
Click on the Upload/Update button next to COVID
Under COVID-19 Vaccination Record or Test Results Upload, click Upload
Navigate to your document and click Upload
Complete the boxes below that correspond with your document and click Done
If you think you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to COVID-19 follow these steps:
Email your instructors to let them know you will not be attending class.
The contact tracing team will reach out to you as soon as possible with information regarding your COVID-19 status. You may be asked to isolate or quarantine depending on your circumstances.
The contact tracing team will maintain your confidentiality and assist you with a plan to return to campus. We encourage you to stay connected to your classes remotely during any absence.
If you plan to participate in USC Sumter's COVID-19 Testing, you will need to renew or sign your COVID-19 Testing Consent and HIPAA Agreement on the UofSC MyHealthSpace. Follow the directions below:
- Visit the UofSC MyHealthSpace website.
- Click on the Student or Faculty and Staff button.
- Login with your UofSC credentials.
- Enter your date of birth.
- On the left hand side, click on Medical Clearances.
- Click on the Update button next to COVID-19 Testing Consent and HIPAA Agreement.
- Read the consent statement. Click the checkbox to confirm you have read the statement.
- Click Submit Final.
- Click Proceed.
You must complete this consent before your next COVID-19 Test.
COVID-19 Vaccination Incentives
Get Vaccinated, Get Rewarded
USC Sumter students who get vaccinated this fall, or who have previously been vaccinated, will have the chance to win some exciting rewards during the fall semester.
For 14 weeks in the fall semester, those who have uploaded their vaccine card in MyHealthSpace (instructions are listed above) will be entered to win prizes. Proof of vaccine must be reflected in MyHealthSpace by Thursday of each week, and the winners will be randomly selected each Friday, beginning Aug. 27. No prizes will be awarded on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
$45 on each vaccinated student’s Carolina Card
Weekly drawings for one iPad for 14 weeks
End of semester drawing for one $2,500 scholarship