Reasons to Register for Fall 2019 Early!
- Plan your schedule months in advance
- Get the classes you want, at the times you want them
- Get it out of the way before the summer
- Create your graduation plan
- Register now, pay later
All students who get advised for the Fall 2019 semester receive a FREE GIFT!
All students who register for the Fall 2019 semester before April 12, 2019 are automatically entered to win one of the following prizes:
- $100 USC Sumter Bookstore Gift Certificate
- $100 Fire Ant Cafe Gift Certificate
- USC Sumter Fire Ant Swag Bag (4 available)
Steps to Get Advised and Register for Classes
- Review your degree plan
You can find your degree plans at the following locations
> USC Sumter Associate degree programs
> USC Columbia Bachelor degree programs
- Look at the schedule of classes
You can find the schedule on Self-Service Carolina
(click Student, then Registration, then Look Up Classes)
- Write down the classes you need
Keep in mind financial aid requirements
12 hours / semester full-time or for athletic eligibility
15 hours for LIFE scholarship
- Check for account holds
While you are on SSC, see if you have any holds that would prevent you from registering.
Click Student Records then View Holds
Contact the appropriate office to clear up a hold
- Schedule an advising appointment
Look up your advisor on Self-Service Carolina
- Go to my.sc.edu
- Log in using your VIP ID and password
- Once logged in, select the Student tab
- Under the Student tab, select Student Records
- Under the Student Records tab, select View Student Information
- From the drop-down box select the term for which you wish to be advised, e.g. Fall 2019
- A list should appear with all of your information, along with your Primary Advisor. This is your current advisor.
Many advisors have sign-up sheets on their office door for you to stop by and sign up for an appointment.
If you are an Opportunity Scholars Program (OSP) participant, please stop by the OSP office in the Business Administration Building, Room 104 or call 803-938-3794 to schedule your advisement appointments.
- Make sure to keep your appointment!
Write down your appointment time and put it on your calendar.
Be sure to show up on time and ready to go over your classes.
- After you have been advised, sign up for classes
Go on Self-Service Carolina as soon as possible and click Student, then Registration, then Schedule Planner to create your schedule (if your advisor did not already do this with you.)
- Submit your schedule and print it
Once your schedule is picked out, click Send to Shopping Cart then Register
Print a copy of your schedule - click Student, then Registration, then select either Week at a Glance or Concise Student Schedule.
- Keep this schedule handy and we will see you next semester!