Roles and Responsibilities Matrix
Each major step in the sponsored award life cycle is listed on a separate line in the left-most column of the matrix. The cells in the second through fifth columns show responsibility for each step, by role:
- Column 2: The Office of Sponsored Awards Management (SAM)
- Column 3: Principal Investigator (PI)
- Column 4: The Division/Unit Administrator (the business manager or other research administrator residing in a department, college, or other academic unit)
In each column, letters are used to indicate the responsibility level for each role:
- P indicates a Primary Responsibility: The responsibility for a step resides primarily with the role denoted with a P.
- S indicates a Supporting Responsibility: When an S appears, it denotes supporting or secondary responsibility for a given step.
- G indicates a Guidance Responsibility: When G appears in a cell, the corresponding role/column will provide guidance and advice for the step, as needed.
|Develop proposal documentation and budget
|Prepare proposal package using sponsor guidelines and forms
|Create and submit proposal through USCeRA for administrative review and approval
|USCeRA submission should include all required documentation upladed appropriately. SAM must receive departmentally approved proposals at least 3 business days before they are due to funding agency.
|Review proposal package to ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines and UofSC policies
|Submit final, approved proposal to funding agency
|If electronic proposal, SAM approves and submits in sponsor's e-submission system. If hard copy requiring signature, SAM will return signed proposal for submission to sponsor.