Sponsored Awards Management
SAM has a robust team of experienced administrators, each assigned to serve a specific group of academic departments. During the pre-award portion of the grant life cycle, SAM:
- provides proposal preparation support, including help with budget development.
- ensures compliance with the requirements of the sponsor agency, the university, and government regulators.
- obtains research-related campus approvals.
- submits proposals to funding agencies on behalf of researchers.
Upon receiving a sponsored award, SAM:
- prepares final documents and negotiates terms of the award with the sponsor.
- Serves as liaison with sponsor to answering questions and resolve post-award issues, including no-cost extensions, re-budgeting, and other modifications.
- gathers information and solves problems in conjunction with other campus units, including Purchasing, Grants and Funds Management, Human Resources, etc.
- prepares and negotiates subcontracts.