In this seminar, college faculty gains insight into how to respond to disruptive behavior in and outside the classroom and how to deal with students in crisis. Participants learn a behavioral-intervention protocol for students with erratic, suicidal or bizarre symptoms that indicate possible injury to themselves or to others.
This seminar answers the following questions:
- What is the proper response to a student’s disruptive behavior in my class?
- What is my role in dealing with a student in crisis in and outside the classroom?
- What activities or symptoms should I address or report?
- To whom should I report these activities?
- Scott Lewis, JD
- Pete Liggett, Psychologist, Counseling and Human Development Center
- Chris Wuchenich, Associate Vice President & Chief of Police, Division Law Enforcement and Safety