Adobe Creative Cloud
The College of Information and Communications offers all undergraduate majors access to Adobe Creative Cloud, a collection of more than 20 applications and services for web design, photo editing, video editing and more.
If you are a returning student and still a major in the CIC, your access to the Adobe Creative suite should be ongoing until graduation.
How to sign up for the Adobe Creative suite
If you are a new student who is a major in the CIC and/or do not have access to the suite of programs, do the following:
- Begin the process by completing this form.
- You will need to go to https://www.adobe.com/ and use your USC email address as the login.
- After you select "continue," you can then click on the "reset/forgot password" link and follow the instructions.
- Once the password has been set, you can log in and use/download the Adobe CC apps.
- If you have your own personal Adobe Creative subscription, you will have to cancel this. We cannot do this for you.
When will you receive the software?
Once staff verify your major status, you will receive a Welcome email, which will provide information about the subscription. You should receive verification prior to the start of classes.
SJMC students have access to digital cameras and video equipment based on class registration.
All SJMC equipment will be thoroughly cleaned before being put back on the shelf. COVID-19 procedures to ensure it is sanitized include:
- Remove all equipment from bag and spray bag, inside and out, with Lysol
- Use alcohol wipes to clean: equipment controls, eye cups, lens caps, battery door, outside of lens, lED lights/remote flash and batteries and chargers
- Use Lysol wipes to clean tripod, handle and plate.
- Visit this page
- Log in with your USC user name and password (email login info).
- Choose the equipment that want to checkout. Select the time and duration of your checkout.
- Come to Room 212 in the Journalism School at the time you selected to get equipment.
- Your equipment will be checked out to you.
- Return equipment to 800 Sumter Street, Room 212, by the end of your reservation period.
- Equipment will be checked by staff to make sure all items are included and in proper working order. Students are responsible for damaged or missing items.
Monday - Thursday - 8 a.m - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the SJMC Equipment Reservation System, visit this page »
Labs are for use by students in the College of Information and Communications ONLY. Access is by Carolina Card.
The building is open Monday - Friday 6 a.m. until 10 p.m., and via card access on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Students have card access to the labs during these times:
- Monday through Friday - 7 a.m. until midnight
- Saturday and Sunday - 9 a.m. until midnight
Gamecock iHub also offers in-house product repair and services of personal Apple computers for USC students, alumni and employees.
Our IT staff contact information is listed below. Reach out to the appropriate person if you need help.