SJMC students have access to digital cameras and video equipment based on class registration.
All SJMC equipment will be thoroughly cleaned before being put back on the shelf. COVID-19 procedures to ensure it is sanitized include:
- Remove all equipment from bag and spray bag, inside and out, with Lysol
- Use alcohol wipes to clean: equipment controls, eye cups, lens caps, battery door, outside of lens, lED lights/remote flash and batteries and chargers
- Use Lysol wipes to clean tripod, handle and plate.
- Visit this page
- Log in with your UofSC user name and password (email login info).
- Choose the equipment that want to checkout. Select the time and duration of your checkout.
- Come to Room 212 in the Journalism School at the time you selected to get equipment.
- Your equipment will be checked out to you.
- Return equipment to 800 Sumter Street, Room 212, by the end of your reservation period.
- Equipment will be checked by staff to make sure all items are included and in proper working order. Students are responsible for damaged or missing items.
Monday - Thursday. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the SJMC Equipment Reservation System, visit this page »
Computer Lab Schedules
Labs are for use by students in the College of Information and Communications ONLY. Access is by Carolina Card. Listed below are the CLASS TIMES SCHEDULED in the labs. Please check the room display outside each lab door for increments of times between classes when the labs are available for individual use.
The building is open Monday - Friday 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Students have card access to the labs during these times:
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. until Midnights
Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. until midnights
Saturday and Sunday, students have card access to the building from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Our IT staff contact information is listed below. Reach out to the appropriate person if you need help.