Academic Credit Internships
Requirements of employers include:
- Assign professional responsibilities related to their major and/or career goals and given minimal administrative duties
- Provide the student with a full-time staff member as a supervisor (not other interns or graduate students)
- Complete interviews and provide students with a written offer BEFORE class deadlines
listed below (for 2019-2020 academic year)
- Summer, Section 1: May 10
- Summer, Section 2: June 3
- Fall: August 19
- Spring: January 10
- Complete supervisor evaluations at the end of the semester
Requirements of the student include:
- Work a minimum of 140 hours per semester
- Complete the internship while school is in session (Fall, Spring or Summer semesters).
- Submit all necessary paperwork and get the internship approved by CIC Career Services before the internship begins
Students can also participate in not-for-credit internships, part-time jobs or job shadowing.
We have over 2,000 students in our college constantly looking for opportunities! Want to get more involved? Here's how you can get started!
Write down what you're looking for! A job description is a must when looking for interns. It should include: bullet points, job duties, paid/ unpaid, hourly wage, number of hours they will work, etc... Here’s a great example of a job description.
- Post your job online! You can post on your website or Handshake, Indeed or LinkedIn. We are happy to share your positions wherever you post them.
- Share your position with us! We can send out these roles with students, faculty and staff in multiple channels including the student newsletter.
Opportunities for Involvement
- CIC Career Fair: Spring 2020 (Date TBD)
- On campus visits, which includes tabling the School of Journalism and Mass Communications or Davis College
- Classroom Presentations: Have expertise in your field? Our students want to hear from you!
- Student organization Presentations: CIC has a number of outstanding student organizations, including Student Advertising Federation, Public Relations Student Society of America, and the National Association of Black Journalists.
- Meet our Master's Students! For more information, reach out to Camea Cato, Graduate Student Services Manager.
Questions? Want to get started? We want to meet you!
Reach out to Career Services Manager, Shirisha Mudunuri at email@example.com today!