News and Announcements
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)
- File the 2023-24 FAFSA
Instructions can be found here.
Federal Student Aid and the Biden-Harris Administration have announced federal loan forgiveness plans of up to $20,000 for prior Pell Grant recipients and up to $10,000 for all other federal loan borrowers. To be eligible, the annual income of borrowers must be below $125,000 (individuals) and $250,000 (married couples/heads of households). Borrowers can view their loan balances and check their Pell Grant status by logging into their Federal Student Aid account online at studentaid.gov. The Department will be announcing further details on how borrowers can claim this relief in the weeks ahead.
Visit https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief-announcement/ for the most up-to-date information. If you would like to be notified when the process has officially opened, sign up at the Department of Education subscription page.
- Academic Bulletin: Looking USCL Policies, Degree Programs, and other public information? See our academic bulletin.
- Apply: The FAFSA- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Borrowing: Information for First Time Direct Loan Borrowers
- Checklist (Everything you need to know, step by step)
- Community Resources (Free services for students in need)
- Cost: The Net Price Calculator
- Forms and Certifications (Submit required forms)
- Get Smart SC (South Carolina Financial Aid Information)
- Self Service Carolina (Check your application status and accept your financial aid)
- Student Privacy Information (FERPA)
- Student Tax Filing Information (1098-T form is on SSC, under Account Information)
- USCL Scholarships (Apply for USCL Scholarships)
- Veteran Affairs (Apply for your VA Benefits and Certify your classes)
Academics and Financial Aid
- Academic Calendars (know the drop/add and withdrawal dates)
- Dropping and Withdrawing from Classes (how dropping and withdrawing affect aid)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (Know how grades and withdrawals affect you)
Presentations about Financial Aid
- Filing the FAFSA and Applying for other Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Presentation for Middle School Students
- Orientation Presentation for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- Financial Aid Information for BSN
- Don't pay for the FAFSA, it is free!
- Don't pay for help to apply for other Financial Aid. We do it for free!
- Don't share your SSN or FSA ID with anyone you do not trust.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals Deadlines
- Fall - Priority Deadline: August 1st; Final Deadline: December 1st
- Spring – Priority Deadline: December 1st ; Final Deadline: April 1st
- Summer - Priority Deadline: April 1st; Final Deadline: June 1st
- Appeal Forms
South Carolina Teacher Loan/Career Changer
The SC Teacher Loan application is now available.
- If you had Pell Grant in Fall and Spring you can now also get it in summer!
- Application will be available on Self Service Carolina by April 1st
- Priority deadline May 1st ; Final Deadline June 1st
- More Information
SC Residents in Dual Enrollment Courses taking 6 or more credit hours in a single semester are eligible for Lottery Tuition Assistance. You must complete the Dual Enrollment Packet (admissions, citizenship, immunization, residency, school LTAP form, and student LTAP form). For more information on Dual Enrollment, the forms to complete and the deadlines for Lottery Tuition Assistance, please see the Dual Enrollment Website.