CCAMPIS Provides Student-Parents with:
Financial Assistance with childcare fees Workshops on topics such as parenting tips, stress management, child development, etc. Information about community resources and agencies
Applications are considered for childcare assistance through CCAMPIS funding on the basis of eligibility status, financial income, need, resources, and family contribution levels. *Participation is limited. We are unable to assist all those who apply.
For an application, please contact the Financial Office at 803-313-7068
• Student must apply for initial eligibility
• Student must be degree seeking with USC Lancaster.
• Student must not have a prior bachelor’s degree. They can have a prior associate degree or certificate. • Student must be at least half-time (6 credit hours or more per semester).
• Student must be the primary caretaker for a dependent child under the age of 12 or a dependent child over the age of 12 who has disabilities requiring constant care. If married, both parents must sign statements indicating they are unable to care for the child during the hours the student is in classes.
• This program does not pay for private schooling or home-schooling. It is intended
to pay for childcare during periods when the child would not be in public school.
As such, the student-parent must be enrolled in classes during periods when the child
would not be in public schools.
• A FAFSA must be completed and on file with the Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs Office.
• Students must be receiving a PELL Grant, or be otherwise PELL Grant eligible, based on the Expected Family Contribution from the FAFSA.
• International students may be eligible to receive CCAMPIS assistance pending verification of eligibility and adjusted gross income. A copy of the most recent Federal 1040 filed is required, and the student must have an AGI of less than 1.5x the Poverty Level. A FAFSA Waiver is required.
• Childcare services must be contracted through First Steps of Lancaster.
• Applicants must also apply for ABC Childcare Vouchers through First Steps, though they do not necessarily have to be eligible for that program to receive CCAMPIS.
• Participation in the First Steps “Incredible Years Parenting Program”.
• Attend at least one Student Parent Support Group each semester
• Attend at least one academic counseling session each academic year
• Pay monthly co-payment for childcare provided, if unmet costs remain after grants.
• Maintain at least half-time enrollment.
• Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined with Federal Student Aid requirements.