Skip to Content

My Palmetto College

Restrictions on Eligibility

Second Degree

Students are eligible for federal aid if they are pursuing double majors or dual-degree programs as long as they meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. If a student has earned a bachelor’s degree and has re-entered college to pursue another bachelor's degree, financial aid is limited to loans.  Also there are some limitation if the student has already earned an Associate’s degree.  For more information, contact the financial aid office.

Non-Degree Status

A student admitted with a non-degree status are generally not eligible for financial aid.  To confirm your status please contact the Financial Aid Office. 

Enrollment at More Than One Institution

Students who are enrolled at more than one college or university at the same time may receive aid from only one institution. For more information, contact us.

Repeated Courses

A federal regulation limits the number of times a student may repeat a course and receive financial aid for that course.

  • A student may receive aid when repeating a course that was previously failed (received a 0.0 or No pass), regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed.
  • A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course one additional time.
  • Once a student has completed any course twice with a passing grade, he/she is no longer eligible to receive aid for that course.
  • If a student retakes a course that is not aid eligible, a recalculation of aid is done to exclude the credits for the repeated course.
  • This rule applies whether or not the student received aid for earlier enrollments in the course.

Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations

  • The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965 as amended suspends aid eligibility for students who have been convicted under federal or state law of the sale or possession of drugs if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which the student was receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, and/or work-study). If you have a conviction(s) for these offenses, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
  • If you have lost federal student aid eligibility due to a drug conviction, you can regain eligibility if you pass two unannounced drug tests conducted by a drug rehabilitation program that complies with criteria established by the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Even if you are ineligible for federal aid, you should complete the FAFSA because you may be eligible for non-federal aid from states and private institutions. If you regain eligibility during the award year, notify your financial aid administrator immediately. If you are convicted of a drug-related offense after you submit the FAFSA, you might lose eligibility for federal student aid, and you might be liable for returning any financial aid you received during a period of ineligibility.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.