Your journey as a USCL student begins by following these next steps:
- Set up your Self Service Carolina and email account at my.sc.edu. A tutorial is available at sc.edu/sschelp/registration.html to assist you with claiming and accessing your accounts. Your email address will be: email@example.com. Be sure to check your university email often, as important communications from Financial Aid and other offices will only be sent to this email.
- View your Registration Checklist to ensure that you have completed all items required to register for classes. You may access this checklist by selecting "Registration" in the Student tab in Self Service Carolina. You must provide proof of immunization and verification of your US citizenship status.
- Confirm your South Carolina residency status in the Student tab in Self Service Carolina by selecting "South Carolina Residency Certification". This must be done in order to qualify for in-state tuition.
- Complete your FAFSA application and apply for available scholarships. Be sure to pay close attention to all scholarship and financial aid deadlines.
- If you are a newly admitted, new transfer, or recently readmitted student whose address has changed during the application process, please complete the CHANGE OF ADDRESS form HERE. Please complete the PDF form in its entirety and fax back to admissions at 803-313-7116 or bring it by Starr Hall 123. All continuing students must update any address changes in Self-Service Carolina.
For Guidance Counselors:
The University of South Carolina Lancaster wants to partner with you to provide access and opportunity for students to attend a nationally ranked and student-centered university. Therefore, we welcome the opportunity to visit your high schools and speak about the benefits of attending USCL. We appreciate the work you do daily. Please contact Mr. Justin Pearson either through email or phone if you want an admissions counselor to visit or attend an event at your local high school.
The admissions process can be daunting and at times confusing. Therefore, USC Lancaster wants to take the confusion out of the process by assisting you and your student(s) through the admissions process. From application to enrollment, our staff is eager to help you and your student(s) throughout the process. If you and your student(s) haven’t scheduled a campus tour, please register online HERE! Visit our picturesque campus to see our beautiful rose garden and state of the art facilities. Your student’s journey begins at USCL!