Once your bill is created, funds will begin disbursing to your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that all requirements for financial aid are completed so that aid can be used in the disbursement process and that any remaining charges are paid to finalize registration.
Aid for Non-University Expenses – Refunds: If you have additional financial aid after your University charges have been paid, you will be able to receive the excess in the form of a check or through direct deposit.
Direct deposit is preferred. You can sign up for direct deposit by
- Logging into SSC
- Accessing the Account Information tab.
- Click on Sign Up for Direct Deposit,
- Click on the eRefunds tab and set up your account using the Set up Account link under the Direct Deposit Bank Account section.
If you prefer checks, they are mailed by the Business Office to either your local or permanent address as listed with University Records on SSC. Check with the Business Office for the exact mailing dates and with questions regarding the mailing of your check. Excess financial aid or refunds that result from a parent PLUS loan will be mailed to either the borrower or the student based on the preference indicated on the PLUS application. Refunds will be sent to the parent at the address provided on the PLUS loan application, or to the student at the address on SSC. If the student address has changed, please update the address on SSC. If the parent address has changed, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
You should contact the Business Office regarding the following information:
- Disbursement of all financial aid and scholarships
- Fees payment concerns or problems
- Perkins or Health Professions Student Loan promissory notes, entrance, or exit loan counseling
- Fees deferments
- Financial aid refunds and disbursements