For the below short-answer questions, we suggest you type responses in a Word document to check for spelling and grammar, and then paste them into the application fields.
Roles and Responsibilities Agreement
The Magellan Ambassadors represent the Office of Undergraduate Research and provide outreach and guidance to USC students interested in getting involved in research opportunities. OUR Ambassadors have had a positive undergraduate research experience they want to share with others and are dedicated to spreading the word about Undergraduate Research at the University of South Carolina.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend mandatory training in the fall (Tuesday, August 20, 2019; 12 pm -5 pm; Legare 322)
- Attend monthly staff meetings and one on one meetings with supervisor (based on Ambassador schedules)
- Actively participate in events throughout the year (including U101 presentations, tabling events, and campus-partner and student organization presentations)
- Volunteer at Discover USC
- Be knowledgeable about the services offered through the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Serve as a role model in the Carolina Community through this peer leadership role
*You will never be asked to miss a class in order to fulfill an Ambassador requirement