This is an exceptional opportunity for you to build the newly established Office of Civil Rights and Title IX, a centralized report-and-response office for all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based on protected classifications.
Reporting to the President’s Chief of Staff, the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Civil Rights and Title IX will be responsible for the strategic direction of a large and complex unit that plays a crucial role in permitting the university as a whole to advance its mission driven commitment to equity and diversity and foster an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Master's degree in Education, Public Policy, Law, Public Administration, Social Work, or related field, or Juris Doctor.
- Previous experience serving as a Title IX Coordinator.
- Prior direct experience with conducting and overseeing Title IX intake and outreach processes, supportive measures, informal resolutions, investigations, and hearings.
- Prior direct experience with drafting and management of policies related to Title IX compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to interpret nondiscrimination laws and related legal guidance and apply them in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of effective and promising practices in higher education compliance with nondiscrimination laws.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.