Caro Smart Financial Solutions (previously known as Carolina Federal Credit Union) membership is open to all University of South Carolina Employees. There are over 5,000 branches nationally and 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
Specific cell phone carriers offer discounts to State of South Carolina employees on products and services. Check with your carrier to see what benefits are available to you.
Financial assistance is provided to eligible state employees to help pay some of the
expenses with adopting a child.
The State Health Plan offers health and wellness resources that can help make it easier for you and your family to stay healthy.
State of South Carolina employees are eligible to receive membership to the PerksCard Discount Program. This program allows members to save on many everyday purchases and services from local and national vendors. Card enrollment and information is obtained by visiting the S.C. Department of Administration's website.
As a member of the university community, you can get educational discounts everyday on Apple computers, software and selected products as well as Dell computers, accessories and more.
Students, faculty and staff can also get software at discounted rates or, in some cases, free of charge.
Visit the Division of Information Technology website for more information or call the Help Desk at 803-777-1800.
State of South Carolina employees are eligible to participate in is the TicketsatWork Program.
This program offers discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more.
To take advantage of these discounts, visit TicketsatWork, click on “Become a Member” and create a username and password using your personal email address. When prompted, enter the company code SCDSHR.
For more information, please visit the S.C. Department of Administration’s website or contact TicketsatWork at 1-800-331-6483.
Similar to the PerksCard Program, State of South Carolina employees are also eligible to participate in the WeSave Discount Savings Program.
This program provides members discounts from local members, national chains and an online mall where you can earn up to 20 percent cash back with every purchase.
The UofSC Faculty/Staff Dependent Scholarship is awarded to eligible students enrolled full-time at any UofSC campus. To be eligible, the student must be a dependent or spouse of a faculty or staff member currently employed at a UofSC campus.
- Once made, awards are renewed annually for a maximum of eight (8) terms. Recipients must maintain a 3.000 institutional GPA to retain the scholarship.
- Specific terms of the scholarship, including the amount of the scholarship and the application process, vary by campus. For additional information, contact the Office of Financial Aid on the campus your dependent attends or plans to attend.
- On the Columbia campus, potential recipients are identified by information provided on the application for admissions. Once identified, potential recipients are provided with additional information, including the scholarship application.
Our employee wellness programs provide free or low-cost services that support faculty and staff nutrition goals, help manage stress and more.
For your convenience, the Division of Human Resources offers free notary services to university community members.
Stop by the Benefits Office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
1600 Hampton Street, Suite 801
Columbia, S.C. 29208
Disclaimer: Notary services exclude real estate closings, divorce and other services that should be performed by the court system.
Our flextime and telecommuting benefits allow employees the opportunity to work from different locations on flexible schedules.
- Some departments may authorize new employees to be reimbursed for relocation expenses.
- Approval is at the discretion of the hiring unit.
- Please review the Business and Finance policy on relocation expenses [pdf] or contact your supervisor for more information.
- Faculty and staff in full-time equivalent (FTE) positions qualify for our traditional Tuition Assistance Program which provides employees free tuition for one class per semester.
- The Tuition Reimbursement Program is extended to faculty and staff in research grant (RGP) or time-limited (T-L) positions, and provides employees the opportunity to be reimbursed for the cost of tuition for one class per semester as long as they receive a grade of “C” or better in the course.
Columbia Campus Benefits
Faculty and staff in full-time permanent positions are allowed to purchase season football, baseball and basketball tickets at a reduced price. They also receive free admission for themselves and their family members to other home events.
- For more information on what is available and how to receive tickets, contact Athletic Services or call the ticket office at 1-800-4SC-FANS.
With your CarolinaCard, UofSC employees receive a 10% discount at the UofSC bookstore.
Bright Horizons at USC provides developmentally appropriate learning opportunities that empower children to be confident, successful, lifelong learners.
The Carolina Shuttle is free to all USC faculty, staff and students.
- The shuttle operates Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 5:45 pm and the evening shuttle operates from 5:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- For more information, including shuttle routes and schedules, please visit Parking and Transportation Services.
Live music, art exhibits, movies and more.
- As a university community member, you can get access to some of these events at a discounted rate, or in some cases, free of charge.
- Learn more about the many different events that take place on campus and have a little fun!
- UofSC employees also have access to exclusive discounts on events at the Colonial Life Arena.
All UofSC employees have access to the dining halls and cafés located throughout the campus. We have more than two dozen restaurants on campus.
Benefits eligible employees may purchase a membership to the campus fitness center through payroll deduction.
- For more information about membership as well as a list of other programs, please contact Campus Recreation at 803-576-9375.
The Provost Office has created policies designed specifically for faculty members and their families.
- The UofSC Speech and Hearing Research Center's Hearing Aid Program begins with a comprehensive functional communication assessment.
- Licensed audiologists design treatment plans with components, such as education and counseling, communication strategies, individualized auditory training, hearing aids, assistive listening devices and group education and therapy.
- UofSC employees receive a 10% discount on the purchase price of hearing aids.
Faculty and staff may rent outdoor equipment such as tents, backpacks, stoves, head lamps, sleeping bags, canoes and car-top carriers for a minimal charge.
Faculty and staff are allowed to access all Thomas Cooper Library facilities with a CarolinaCard.