CASE III Gold Award
Category: Specialty Pieces
Protecting the health of our faculty, staff and student body while reopening the Columbia campus during the coronavirus pandemic was of paramount importance to us. To support a successful reopening, our communications team partnered with student government to launch a student-led public health campaign, which we dubbed #IPledgeColumbia. The campaign was warmly embraced throughout the Midlands. Thousands of students have taken the pledge, and our messaging is visible across greater Columbia via posters, sidewalk decals, mirror decals, napkin holders and even custom-labeled hand-sanitizer bottles. More importantly, the university reopened for in-person classes in August 2020 and remains open today.
Justice for All exhibit
PRSA Award of Excellence
Category: Creative Tactics
The University of South Carolina Communications Services team was asked to develop a creative way to promote an upcoming civil rights exhibit within the Ernest F. Hollings Library. Our goals were to advertise the exhibit, guide prospective visitors through the undergraduate Thomas Cooper Library to the exhibit area, which was housed in the attached Hollings Library, and help visitors of the exhibit with additional signage and labeling. We used in-house design and writing resources to create the images and contracted with a sign company to produce and install vinyl graphics, signs and labels in a variety of formats to guide visitors and promote the exhibit.
Other Winning Projects
- 200 Years of Frankenstein Video, CASE III Silver Award
- Moore Magazine, CASE III Silver Award
- University of South Carolina Gary Lee Watson Comic Book Collection, PRSA Award of Excellence
- South Carolina Honors College Video, PRSA Award of Merit
- Pastides Socks — Give 4 Garnet Event Event Apparel, ADDY Silver Award
- University of South Carolina Gary Lee Watson Comic Book Collection, ADDY Silver Award
- ROTC Awards Ceremony Save the Date, PICA Awards Best of Category for Digital Printing: Special Effects