If you are interested in becoming a fall 2021 University 101 Peer Leader, please take some time to learn about the position and begin your application today!
If you are currently serving as a fall 2020 peer leader and are interested in becoming a fall 2021 Returning Peer Leader or Senior Peer Leader, be sure to submit your application by the January 14, 2021 deadline.
- Junior or above standing during the semester they serve (by year, not by credits)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in other substantive areas of university life
A University 101 Peer Leader Is:
- an active and involved member of the Carolina community
- confident in their ability to lead others
- dedicated to helping others succeed
- appropriately assertive
- able to think on their feet
- able to speak in front of a classroom of peers
- comfortable leading difficult conversations
- proud to be a student at the University of South Carolina
- a model of the Carolinian Creed
Application Timeline for New Peer Leaders (for fall 2021)
Tuesday, September 1, 2020 — New Peer Leader Applications Available
Note: Students who plan to study abroad during spring 2021 or wish to be considered for a fall interview and early decision should apply by the study abroad/early decision deadline. All other candidates may apply by the regular decision deadline.