Title: Assistant Director for Communications
Sandy Greene oversees the communication and marketing efforts of University 101 Programs. Sandy also manages the University 101 Scholarship.
Prior to coming to University 101 Programs, Sandy served as an AmeriCorps*VISTA at the University of South Carolina. In this role, she was responsible for helping to mobilize the student population to serve the Columbia community.
Master of Education - Higher Education and Student Affairs, 2016
University of South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts - History and History of Science, Medicine, and Technology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Greene, S. & Platt, C.S. Black male honors: The experiences of Black males in the honors college. In Newman, C.B., Platt, C.S., Hilton, A.A., & Hinnan Crawford, B. Multicultural Education in the 21st Century: Innovative Research and Practices. Information Age Publishing: Charlotte, NC. (In press)
- Friedman, D. & Greene, S. (2019). Increasing the quality of the first-year seminar through greater curricular flexibility. E-Source Vol 16, No. 2. Columbia, SC, University of South Carolina, National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
- "Telling the Story of Your First-Year Seminar" at the 39th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience. (February 2020)
- Preconference Workshop on "Strategies for Building Community in a First-Year Seminar" at the 39th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience. (February 2020; Co-presented with Katie Hopkins and Dustin Roberts)
- "Ongoing and Action-Oriented First-Year Seminar Program Assessment" at the 38th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience. (February 2019; Co-presented with Dan Friedman)
- "Early Faculty Development: Training Graduate Students to Teach First-Year Seminars" at the 37th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience (February 2018; Co-presented with Katie Hopkins)
- "Integrating Campus Partners into a First-Year Seminar" at the 37th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience (February 2018; Co-presented with Catherine Greene and Kat Edmund)
- "Designing a Course in the First-Year Experience Utilizing Integrative Learning" at the Gulf South Summit (March 2017; Co-presented with Theresa Harrison)
- "Designing and Enhancing Peer Educator Programs Through Recruitment and Training" at the 36th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience (February 2017; Co-presented with Mike Dial)
- "Harnessing the Power of Service-Learning to Foster Sense of Belonging" at the 2016 Pathways to Achieving Civic Engagement (PACE) Conference (February 2016; Co-presented with Katie Hopkins)
- "Leveraging the Power of Peers" at the 35th Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience (February 2016; Co-presented with Tricia Kennedy)
- "FYE GAs Tell All: On School-Work Balance, Professionalization and Successes" at the 35th Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience (February 2016; Co-presented with R. Shivener and E. Shreve)
- "Reimagining the Role of Women in Service" at the 2014 Clemson Women’s Leadership Conference (March, 2014; Co-presented with Shawna Dory and Grayson Randall)
- "Opportunity Knocks: Using Conflict in Team Building and Planning" at The Georgia Collegiate Leadership Conference (March 2014; Co-presented with Ashley Jaramillo and Katie Miller)