The USC Educational Foundation Service award is the university's most prestigious award for professional, campus and community service by a faculty member. Full-time faculty members of any track and rank on the Columbia or regional campuses are eligible to be nominated. The award includes a $1,000 prize and a certificate of recognition.
Criteria for Selection
- Full-time faculty members on the Columbia or regional campuses are eligible to be nominated.
- Nominees must have a truly exemplary record of public service outside the university, and/or service within the university on the campus-wide level.
Academic deans, department chairs and directors at all USC campuses may nominate up to three faculty members from their respective units for award consideration.
The dean's, department chair's or director's nomination letter should document the service activities of the nominee. The nomination letter should not contain outside letters of support. A faculty member may nominate a colleague for the service award if a letter of support for the nomination from the dean, department chair or director is included in the nomination packet.
Required materials for the nominee's file:
- Nomination form
- The nomination letter documenting the service activities of the nominee (should not contain outside letters of support)
- Two-page personal statement
- Curriculum vitae highlighting service
Nominee's files are due to the Office of the Provost by Feb. 1, 2019. Application files are to be submitted electronically to the Office of the Provost.
The deans of the university's academic units make nominations from their faculties. The provost will make a recommendation to the president, who will select the winner. The award is presented at the spring Faculty Awards Ceremony.