Steps for New International Student Check-In:
- Required Citizenship Verification Process - All new international students must follow this step to be able to register for classes. The citizenship verification process is facilitated through the ISS Blackboard Course called "International Student Information." New students are added to the Blackboard course after the I-20 has been issued. 30 days before classes start and after the required documents are uploaded, the citizenship hold will be lifted. Please allow 24-48 hours for this to occur, as it is a manual process. Note: there will likely be additionally holds on your my.sc.edu account that must be lifted by other UofSC offices. More information on our Helpful Resources page.
- All non F-1 and J-1 visa holders: You are not required to attend orientation or sign up for an in-person appointment . However you are required to submit a copy of your visa and immigration documents to our office for the Citizenship Verification Process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your documents (i.e. your green card, visa, notice of action, etc).
- Self-Paced International Student Orientation - Orientation and helpful immigration videos, found on Blackboard, are available for all new international students to view, both before you arrive and throughout the first semester.
- Virtual Pre-Arrival Meeting - ISS Staff will host a selection of online meetings to meet you and answer your questions before you travel to the US. Dates, times, and the sign-up form will be accessible on Blackboard.
- Mandatory In Person Check-In - Sign up for a check-in time after you arrive in SC. If you will be in the U.S., you need to check-in with ISS, in-person, within 30 days of the start of classes. The link for signing up is in the course International Student Information, in Blackboard. Before you check-in, please submit your I-94 online, and complete the virtual orientation.
- Required Video and Quiz - Please complete the Staying in Status video and quiz by the end of this semester. All information is available on Blackboard.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Carolina!