Skip to Content

International Student and Scholar Support

Other Funding Sources

Funding from the U.S. Government

The U.S. Department of State offers the Fulbright program, a grant program uniquely designed to bring international students and scholars to the U.S. to further the goals of cultural exchange and international education. The Fulbright Program is administered in 140 countries each year, providing various opportunities for predominantly graduate study, with some grant opportunities for undergraduate study. The application process differs by country. The program is administered by three agencies and further information can be found at their websites:

  • IIE (open to all students)
  • LASPAU (for Latin American and Caribbean students)
  • AMIDEAST (for North African and Middle Eastern students)

International Organizations

Many scholarship opportunities exist, but are often very competitive. Be sure to research thoroughly the scholarship information before applying to be sure you are eligible. Many scholarships are restricted based on country of citizenship, and field and level of study, among other criteria.

Here is a selection of resources:

Foreign Government Sources

Your best chances for financial aid may come from your own government. Many governments administer scholarship programs for foreign study. Your country's embassy, consulate or education ministry will often be a good source of information.

Financial Aid for International Students

Educational loans for international students may be available through individual companies. An American co-signatory is usually required. The University provides these resources for informational purposes only and makes no recommendation for their services. Students should research companies and options thoroughly before making a financial commitment to an educational loan.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.