You can read more about required immunizations on the University Health Services website. Note that if you are from a country that is considered "high burden" for tuberculosis, you will need to complete a TB test and chest x-ray upon arrival to the U.S.
What you need to know
- If you will live on campus, you must submit your immunization records to move in to your residence hall.
- All students, regardless of where you will live, must submit their immunization records to register for classes.
- If you are concerned that you will not be able to complete the immunization requirements before you arrive on-campus, don't worry! University Health Services will allow you to take care of your immunizations once you arrive at UofSC.
- If you decide to get your immunizations done at UofSC, make sure that your health insurance is active before getting the immunizations done.
What you need to do
- Navigate to the "Medical Clearances" portion of sc.edu/myhealthspace
- Click on "Immunizations Record" and attach supporting documentation signed by a medical provider before orientation. (Note: You can take a photo of your documentation with your phone and upload the photo).
- Enter your immunization dates and vaccine types in the "Medical Clearances" portion for each vaccine received.