Housing Application Tips For New Students
The Housing application is open from February 15 until May 15, which allows plenty of time to complete the Housing application. Be sure to take your time and be thoughtful in your answers to the supplemental application questions. These questions are reviewed by the Faculty Principal and determine which students are selected into Preston Residential College.
- Why do you want to live in Preston Residential College for 2022-2023?
- What kind of leader do you aspire to be?
- How will you be an active member of the Preston community?
- What are you passionate about? How will you share your passion with Preston?
Community assignments are made on a rolling basis. Once you have been accepted to Preston Residential College, you will have the opportunity in June to select your room via the online room selection process.
Want to know more about the complete housing application? Discover more on our applying to University Housing page.
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Get involved with leadership opportunities within the residential college: a literary society, an a cappella ensemble, a sustainability team and more!
- We encourage residents to build community by sharing meals.
- Take advantage of opportunities to engage with faculty members outside the classroom.
Suite-style living for students who are passionate about advancing their leadership and service skills through unique academic, community building and travel opportunities.
Take Classes With Your Peers
Preston students can take courses together, that cover a shared interest or fulfill a major requirement. Discover classes you can experience with other students that live and learn in Preston Residential College.
Applying to Join This Community
Incoming Students: Submit your housing application, available on the housing portal via my.sc.edu on December 15, 2022, and follow instructions to apply for a living and learning
Continuing Students: Information about sign-up for Fall 2022 is now available.