At a Glance
- Made up of students with majors in the health sciences
- Students live in Patterson Hall
- Get hands-on experience outside the classroom
Learn more about what it means to be a part of Galen Health Fellows
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Live and learn alongside peers studying a variety of medical fields for an interdisciplinary experience.
- Build your skill set for an advantage in your future endeavors, whether that's graduate school or a career.
- Gain an understanding of other cultures and how that knowledge relates to your field of study around the world.
These are themed, building-wide learning communities staffed by a faculty member who is an expert in the theme. Students get in-depth experience with their community topic, and gain a greater understanding of how to apply that experience outside the classroom and after they graduate.
These are academically focused communities where students live near each other and take major classes together. This helps students connect with others who have similar interests, gives them an opportunity to form relationships outside the classroom and gives them access to academic support when they need it.
Applying to Join This Community
Incoming Students: Submit your housing application, available on the housing portal via my.sc.edu on February 15, and follow instructions to apply for a faculty principal community.
Continuing Students: Information about sign-up for Fall 2022 will be available in the Fall of 2021.