At a Glance
- Made up of engineering and computing students
- Students live in Bates West
- Take classes with your peers in the same field of study
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Participate in hands-on, collaborative learning.
- Pursue your academic interests outside the classroom.
- Take advantage of opportunities to interact with faculty members in your field of
These are smaller learning communities within residence halls focused on an area of study or student interest. Students in these communities will meet others who share their interests, and have unique opportunities to pursue those interests outside of the classroom.
Linked Course Community
These are academically focused communities where students live near each other and take major classes together. This helps students connect with others who have similar interests, gives them an opportunity to form relationships outside the classroom and gives them access to academic support when they need it.
Applying to Join This Community
Is this the living learning community for you?
Incoming Students: You'll apply as part of your housing application, available on Self-Service Carolina.
Returning Students: Fill out a university housing interest form (available Oct. 1 – 31).