Revised: 14 May 2019
Direct Deposit is MANDATORY for all USC employees (part-time as well as full-time). Please visit this tip page for instructions to set up your banking information, pay schedule, & other information about he new HCM HR/Payroll system.
Instructions for entering hours worked into iTAMS
In order for you to get paid, you MUST enter your hours and SUBMIT them weekly via ITAMS — the University’s time keeping application. (If your supervisor will be entering time on your behalf — please disregard.)
- On the USC Website, you will need to go to Payroll Toolbox.
- Under Training Guides, click on “For Student and Hourly Employees” (This is a PDF that will walk you through the process of entering your time into iTAMS.)
Please enter your hours for each week & submit it for approval, no later than noon the following Monday.
To enter your hours:
LOGIN using your Network ID (usually your email address to the left of the @) and corresponding password.
*** If you receive a message that your SSN / Network ID / USC ID/ etc. is not recognized or is invalid or not activated, then you are not completely in the Payroll system yet. It is very likely that nothing is wrong. Just try again in a couple of days. You will be able to ‘go back in time’ and record hours worked on the correct day in ITAMS, as long as that day does not precede your effective (hire) date. All student hires have to be verified & approved by the Graduate School before going on to the Payroll Office.***
TO ADD TIME:
- Be sure to select the correct Report Period Ending date (the work week runs from Sunday to Saturday)
- Add your time by entering the number of hours you worked each day. (If you do not work one day, leave that day blank. If you do not work a week, do not record hours or submit a blank timesheet for that week.)
- When finished entering hours for the week click “SAVE.”
**NOTE: No student employee is allowed to work over 15 hrs./wk in total during the Fall & Spring semesters or over 29 hrs. /wk. during the Summer when not enrolled in summer courses.
- When you are sure you will not need to make any changes, click “Send for Approval”. Your supervisor’s name should appear in a dialog box, click “SEND”. (This step MUST be done in order for your time to be approved in-house and then
forwarded on to the Payroll Department for pay out.)
**NOTE: If you do not submit your timesheet for approval, or it is not approved once submitted … You will not be paid for those hours.
- Once you have submitted your timesheet for approval, that particular week is locked, and you will not be able to go back into it. If you discover that you made a mistake in entering your time, you should get in touch with your supervisor as soon as possible. (A supervisor will be able to unlock that particular reporting week and correct it for you.) Do not submit weeks ahead of time — they will be rejected.
- Log out and you are finished with time entry.
- If you get a message about your time sheet not being approved or submitted, check to make sure you have submitted it. Otherwise check with your supervisor to make sure they have approved your time sheet.