Revised: 15 November 2018
The Spring hiring term will be January 7, 2019 thru April 15, 2019.
Students are only allowed to work a total of 15 hours/week in total while classes are in session. If you are working as a tutor or for another professor, you hours for both must not total over 15 hours/week.
The faculty or staff member who selected you & will be serving as your supervisor should have sent your name to Ronée Woodley who will be taking care of the paperwork that is needed to hire you as an RA or Tutor.
If you are a NEW RA/Tutor for Spring 2019 (never worked for USC):
- The student NEEDS to meet with Ronée Woodley before they begin work. Any time M–F, between 9–10am & 1–2pm. Or contact Ronée Woodley or 803-777-6857 to make an appointment.
- The I-9 form will be filled out and your documents will be verified when you meet with Ronée Woodley.
- The student will need to bring the official forms of identification needed to verify their eligibility to work in the US. (The US Citizenship & Immigration Services website lists acceptable documents.)
- Original & current documents only, NO COPIES will be accepted!
If you are a returning RA/Tutor or have worked for USC in the past 2 years:
- Ronée Woodley will not need anything from the student, nor will the student need to meet with her; as the student is already in the system
- The student should go into their VIP account and make sure their mailing address and banking information is correct and current.
If a student is sent to Ronée Woodley to get the paperwork filled out, but we have not received an email from the supervising faculty or staff member indicating for who & where they will be working, we will not put the student into the system until we receive the information. Students will not be paid & cannot work until they are in the system.
Once you have filled out the I-9 form and it has been entered, the final step to be being hired as an RA or Tutor is setting up your direct deposit information in the VIP system. Please give it a week or so, before trying to get in so the system has time to get you synced into the systems. You can find the direct deposit instructions, pay schedule and instructions for time entry into iTAMS here.