Revised: 16 August 2019
The Fall hiring term will be August 26, 2019 thru November 26, 2019
Students are only allowed to work a total of 15 hours/week in total while classes are in session.
The faculty or staff member who selected you & will be serving as your supervisor should have sent your name to Ronée Woodley who is the person that is responsible for hiring you as an RA.
Due to the new HR/Payroll system (PeopleSoft HCM) there are new procedures for hiring RAs.
If you are a NEW RA for Fall 2019:
New RAs will need to follow the following steps:
- Once your supervisor has sent your name to Ronée Woodley, you will receive an email from
i-9Advantage asking you to complete Section 1 within three (3) days of receiving the email, or it will become deactivated.
- After you have completed Section 1, you will need to see Ronée Woodley before you can begin working. She will be available any time M-F, between 9 - 10am & 1 – 2pm, or you can contact her to make an appointment.
- You will need to bring the official forms of identification needed to verify your eligibility to work in the US. (The US Citizenship & Immigration Services website lists acceptable documents.)
- Original & current documents only, NO COPIES will be accepted!
- You will also be asked to sign the Acknowledge of Receipt of Affordable Care Act (ACA) – Health Insurance Marketplace Notice when you present your documents.
After you have presented Ronée Woodley with your documents you will be put into the new HCM system. Once you have been approved in the HCM system, you will need to set up your direct deposit information. You will receive your first paycheck for the Fall on September 30th. There is about a 2-3 week lag with your pay check.
For RAs hired after 4/16/19 (Summer 2019):
All RAs will have to sign an ACA form each semester. You will not have to present documents if you were hired for the Summer 2019 semester but will need to see Ronée to sign this form.
*If a student is sent to Ronée Woodley, but she has not received an email from the supervising faculty or staff member indicating for who & where they will be working, she will not begin the process of hiring you until she receives confirmation from your supervisor. Students cannot work & will not be paid until they are completely approved in the system.