Funding for Your Education
We encourage you to explore all the options for paying for your education and to get in touch with the university's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information.
There are a few scholarships available within our department to students who meet the criteria.
This Scholarship is to recruit outstanding Undergraduate Theatre Majors. The Scholarship is awarded to Incoming Freshman and/or Transfer Theatre students who have demonstrated outstanding scholarship, leadership and contributions in Theatre Arts. It is a continuing annual award of $250.00 a semester (not to exceed 8 semesters). Out-of-state students receiving a Departmental Scholarship may qualify for an approximately 45% savings in tuition costs.
• Incoming freshmen and new transfer theatre Majors
• GPA of 3.5 or higher
• Full-time enrollment (12 hours or more) as a theatre major during the regular academic
year (Fall and Spring semesters).
• A 3.0 GPA
• Active participation in the theatre program
• Fill out application form
• Two letters of recommendation
• Current resume – listing extracurricular involvement in Fine or Performing Arts in High School, community, and/or professional venues, other contributions, accomplishments, and community service, etc.
Application Due: April 1, 2020
Theatre Scholarship Committee – Outstanding Scholarship
c/o Stephanie Milling
1300 Greene St.
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
This Scholarship is awarded to Undergraduate Theatre students who have demonstrated
outstanding leadership and contribution to the department. It is a one-year award
amount of $250.00 per semester.
- Current sophomore, junior & senior theatre majors, enrolled full-time (12 hours or more) as a theatre major during the award year (fall and spring semesters)
- Have demonstrated outstanding leadership and/or contribution to the department during the past academic year,
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Active participation in the theatre
• A one-page essay describing your excellence as a theatre major, complemented by
a paragraph recommendation from a faculty member.
• Current GPA
• Current resume – listing contributions, accomplishments and production work during the past academic year
This scholarship is awarded by committee discretion for academic and artistic merit in alignment with the eligibility requirements.
Awards will be announced at the end of the spring semester.