The USC Dance Company performs a varied repertoire that includes works ranging from the treasured classical ballets of Marius Petipa and George Balanchine to the modern work of Twyla Tharp, Lynne Taylor-Corbett, Lila York and Kevin O'Day.
Past performances include:
- "Stars and Stripes" by George Balanchine
- "Mozartiana" by George Balanchine
- "Western Symphony" by George Balanchine
- "Deuce Coupe" by Twyla Tharp
- "Eight Jelly Rolls" by Twyla Tharp
- "Great Galloping Gottschalk" by Lynne Taylor-Corbett
- "Viola Alone" by Kevin O'Day
- "Diversion of Angels" by Martha Graham
- "Steps in the Street" by Martha Graham
- "Tensile Involvement" by Alwin Nikolais
We regularly bring in well-known guest artists for residencies, during which they stage major pieces or create work on our dancers.
Past guests include:
- Chris Uchida (Twyla Tharp Dance)
- Lila York (Paul Taylor Dance Company)
- Nathan Trice (Complexions, nathantrice/RITUALS)
- Amanda Miller (William Forsythe's Ballet Frankfurt)
- Lynne Taylor-Corbett (Tony-winning choreographer)
- Cathy McCann Buck (Paul Taylor Dance Company)
- Addison Ector (Complexions Contemporary Ballet)
Original works by our faculty are also regularly created for (and with) our dancers. In addition, students have the opportunity to stage their own choreography in our Student Choreography Showcase performances.
Upcoming Dance Events
There are currently no events to display.View All Dance Events