Mu Sigma Rho
Mu Sigma Rho is the national honorary society for statistics. The South Carolina Beta Chapter, headquartered at USC, was founded in 1987. Its mission is to promote activities which help in the scholarly development of its members, and contribute to the development of the statistical profession in general. We get together just for fun, sometimes, too! You can contact our advisor Dr. Dewei Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Undergraduate Level Membership Qualifications
- Have two years of coursework
- Have 8 semester hours of statistics (5 at the 500 Level)
- Have a 3.25 GPA in all statistics courses
- Rank in top 1/3 of your class in overall GPA
Graduate Level Membership Qualifications
- Must be a full-time student
- Have 12 semester hours of graduate level statistics
- Have a 3.5 GPA in graduate coursework
- Good standing in the graduate college
- Membership Fee $5.00 (includes 1st year dues)
- Yearly Dues $2.00
Our club is the cornerstone of the statistics community on campus and is open to both undgraduates and graduate students of all majors. We're both a social and an academic club and if you join you will:
- Learn about careers in statistics in both academia and industry.
- Get to know professors and potential employers during frequent Stat Club activities.
- Take part in recreational activities such as trips to Clemson and Charleston as well as picnicking and hiking.
If you are interested in joining, contact faculty advisor Dewei Wang at email@example.com.