The Ted Mimms Foreign Language Learning Center serves the faculty, students and staff of the University of South Carolina. Our mission is to provide assistance with any technology related aspect of language learning or teaching, as well as assist with research related to foreign language learning throigh technology.
- Need a video camera for a class project? We have that.
- Would you like to check out an iPad for a couple of weeks to explore apps for language learning or for your linguistics class? Make an e-mail request!
- Are you supposed to find authentic materials on the internet for a paper in Italian? We can help you.
- Having trouble getting your computer to work with the online textbook? Bring it to the lab and we'll help you get it working.
- Do you need a place to send students that are having trouble with e-learning? Send them here!
- Do you need a computing classroom for your research? HUCB 101E within the Langauge Center is newly equipped with a tracking camera and room microphones. This is also a great resource for Graduate Students who need a teaching sample to send to prospective employers.
To request space, computing or audio-visual equipment or assistance, please send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating the room number, date(s), time(s), and equipment needed. Please be as specific as possible in your request. If you need special assistance in a classroom, please note that. We request that you provide 24 hours notice for equipment reservations.