Welcome to the USC Sumter Family! Now that you have been admitted, we invite you to use this page as a new student checklist in preparation for the upcoming semester.
For your convenience, we have developed the Orientation Checklist below so you may complete most orientation tasks before you come to campus.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the items below, please feel free to contact our Office of Student Life by email at email@example.com or 803-500-4831 (call or text).
- Begin the financial aid process by completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
- Be sure to add USC Sumter’s school code, 003426.
- Please note: Students starting in the fall semester must complete the 2021-2022 application.
- How to accept your financial aid in Self Service Carolina
- How to complete your State Certification
- FREE student support services for first generation, income eligible, or students with disabilities.
- Tutoring, mentoring, advising, skill development, cultural activities, and much more.
- Apply online.
- For more information, visit the OSP webpage or contact Erika Canty at 803-938-3723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please select an orientation option from the list below:
- In-Person Orientation - Closed for Fall 2023. Please proceed to the Online Orientation instructions.
- Once your final high school and/or college grades are posted, be sure to submit your official transcripts to our Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
- If you would like to confirm if these have been received, call or text Admissions at 803-408-7814.
- If you haven't uploaded your immunization information, please upload your immunization data to MyHealthSpace.
- View a step-by-step tutorial about uploading your immunization information
- Watch a short video about uploading your immunization information
- Know your Network Username and password. Click on "Update Account Settings". Once you're logged in, you will see your Network Username under the Home tab. Your password for your email will be the same as your SSC login.
- Know your email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To access your email through Office 365 and the Outlook Web App, go to outlook.com/email.sc.edu. Login with your email and SSC password.
- 50 GB of storage
- Includes ability to download Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Windows users can also download Access, OneNote and Publisher
- Spam and malware protection
- Install Office 365 on up to five computers and five mobile devices
- Approve your card holder agreement and upload a photo for your student I.D. in your Self Service Carolina account. Watch this tutorial video if you need help. Once your photo is approved, complete step 2.
- Make an appointment to pick up your I.D. and parking pass
- At the appointment time, come to the Student Union Building (SUB), Student Life office. Bring an official picture I.D. with you to the appointment. Call 803-938-3796 if you have any questions.
For Online Associate's Degree Students Only
- To be advised, please sign up for an appointment using this link