Welcome to the USC Sumter Family! Now that you have been admitted, we invite you to use this page as a new student checklist in preparation for the upcoming semester.
Due to COVID-19, we have developed the Orientation Checklist below so you may complete most orientation tasks before you come to campus.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the items below, please feel free to contact our Office of Student Life by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-500-4831 (call or text).
Summer 2022 Orientation Checklist (Complete Online)
- Begin the financial aid process by completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
- Be sure to add USC Sumter’s school code, 003426.
- Please note: Students starting in the fall semester must complete the 2021-2022 application.
- How to accept your financial aid in Self Service Carolina
- How to complete your State Certification
Which test should I take?
The PreCalculus Placement Test covers high school–level pre-Calculus and Trigonometry. If your program requires MATH 141, you need to take this test.
The Algebra Placement Test covers high school–level Algebra II. If your program requires MATH 122, you need to take this test.
MATH 141 and MATH 122
If your program allows you to choose between MATH 141 and MATH 122 there are two options:
- FREE student support services for first generation, income eligible, or students with disabilities.
- Tutoring, mentoring, advising, skill development, cultural activities, and much more.
- Apply online.
- For more information, visit the OSP webpage or contact Erika Canty at 803-938-3723 or email@example.com.
- In-person orientation, register here.
- At the orientation, you will learn more about the campus, have a tour, get advised, and register for classes.
- If you prefer, you can complete your orientation online. See #8 and #9
- To be advised, please contact Dr. Hayes Hampton, Coordinator of Advisement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your final high school and/or college grades are posted, be sure to submit your official transcripts to our Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
- If you would like to confirm if these have been received, call or text Admissions at 803-408-7811.
- Submit a copy of your immunization records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verification of two MMR's is needed. (scanned versions, copies, and photos are accepted)
- Know your Network Username and password. Click on "Update Account Settings". Once you're logged in, you will see your Network Username under the Home tab. Your password for your email will be the same as your SSC login.
- Know your email address – email@example.com
- To access your email through Office 365 and the Outlook Web App, go to outlook.com/email.sc.edu. Login with your email and SSC password.
- 50 GB of storage
- Includes ability to download Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Windows users can also download Access, OneNote and Publisher
- Spam and malware protection
- Install Office 365 on up to five computers and five mobile devices
- Approve your card holder agreement and upload a photo for your student I.D. in your Self Service Carolina account. Watch this tutorial video if you need help. Once your photo is approved, complete step 2.
- Make an appointment to pick up your I.D. and parking pass
- At the appointment time, come to the Student Union Building (SUB), Student Life office. Bring an official picture I.D. with you to the appointment. Call 803-938-3796 if you have any questions.