Skip to Content

Payroll Department

My Payroll

We can answer many of your questions concerning compensation and point you toward essential resources for setting up and managing your pay. 

Manage Your Payroll

Access your personal university data and make changes to your information using VIP.

Go to VIP »


Set Up or Change Direct Deposit

Direct Deposit Instructions »


I lost my paycheck.

Call us at 803-777-4227 immediately so we can process a stop payment request. We will issue another check within 7-10 working days. If you find the lost check, bring it to the Payroll department at 1600 Hampton Street.

I need to verify my employment to a third party.

Payroll will need a signed authorization form to release your employment information to a third party. Most companies that require verifications will provide the form for the employees to fill out and will send them to us. 

Authorization forms and verification requests may be sent directly to Payroll via fax, at 803-777-8080, or mail. 

Send to:
1600 Hampton Street, 7th floor
University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina 29208

Where can I pick up my paycheck?

Your paycheck can be picked up at the Payroll department located at 1600 Hampton St., 7th floor. For employees at campuses besides Columbia, please contact your local HR representative for the central location at your respective campus.

Why haven't I been paid?

Check with your department to make sure the timecard was sent to Payroll by the processing date. If you are a new hire, check with your department to make sure your HR paperwork has been submitted by the specified deadlines.

See Processing Dates »

Can I get my paycheck early?

No. According to South Carolina law, employees cannot be paid any earlier than their scheduled pay date.

I signed up for direct deposit but I don't see the deposit in my account.

If you are a new hire whose direct depsit information is in process or you are changing direct deposit accounts, you may have one or two paychecks processed as paper checks until the direct deposit can be established.

Payroll Deductions

Is a payroll deduction the same thing as direct deposit?

No. A payroll deduction to your gross pay and a direct deposit authorization are two separate things.

I want to stop or change a voluntary deduction.

Payroll deductions such as parking, Family Fund and United Way must be stopped by contacting that department directly. For other types of deductions, contact our department.

Court or state ordered deductions (such as child-support, or tax levies) cannot be stopped by the Payroll Office.

I am a 9-month faculty employee who wants to be paid over 12 months.

This is an annual election made every May for the upcoming academic year. Please contact our department for more information.