Get On Track Early
To increase academic success and retention amongst the transfer student population, the Jump Start Summer Transfer Program helps foster stronger connections between transfer students and our campus.
In addition to attending transfer orientation and meeting with an academic advisor to register for fall classes, students also begin coursework early and meet peers in their cohort. Jump Start programs include a peer mentoring experience and other social events tailored to foster connection and belongingness.
Current Jump Start Degree Programs
- College of HRSM (all majors)
- College of Information & Communications (Advertising, Broadcast Journalism, Information Science, Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations, and Visual Communications)
- College of Arts & Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Cyber Intelligence, Economics, Math, Neuroscience, Psychology, and Statistics)
How Can You Join Jump Start?
- Apply for admission.
- Speak to Financial Aid about your remaining eligibility.
- Let us know your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Students will take two online courses in their major for credit in the summer after attending an early transfer orientation as a cohort.
There will be no additional fee to students for this program outside of the summer tuition, fees, and orientation costs.
Watch our recently recorded Jump Start Interest Session video to get the answers you might need while considering this program.
Jump Start Ambassadors
Jump Start students are paired with student ambassadors to help in their transition to life at USC and in Columbia. Lunches and coffee dates are included!
Interested in Joining?