Operational Management and Reporting Staff Directory
To identify the team member to best meet your needs or to find the contact information for a specific person, please review our staff directory.
Our Internal Financial Reporting team maintains and supports the HUB and is specifically responsible for payroll and financial reporting tools.
The HUB is a useful tool for:
- Business Managers/Budget Officers: View current and available balances of your general fund by using budget to actual comparisons or view your cash balances in your operating funds/projects using the GL Summary, Fund Dashboard, or Project Dashboard. Use HCM Payroll Distribution to help verify that the correct employees are charged appropriately to the correct chartfields.
- Grant Administrators: View financial information on the Grant Dashboard to help Principal Investigators properly manage sponsored awards by monitoring expenses that are posted to the award, and monitoring cost share requirements. Use HCM Payroll Distribution to monitor that the correct employees are funded by the project and charged appropriately.
- Principal Investigators: View financial information on the Grant Dashboard to help properly manage sponsored awards by monitoring expenses that are posted to the award. Use HCM Payroll Distribution to help verify that the correct employees are funded by the project and charged appropriately.
The HCM Payroll Distribution tool:
- Provides a listing of all employees within the payroll system using a given set of parameters.
- Provides payroll information by employee, including their pay group, funding chartfield, gross earnings, and the cost of each employee’s benefits to the department.
The Finance Intranet provides access to the following tools:
- GL Dashboard: Provides current and available balance using budget to actual comparison and detailed monthly statement of accounting transactions.
- Grant Dashboard: Designed specifically for sponsored award (USCSP) grant projects. Provides the ability to view expenses grouped into categories as shown on the Standard USC Invoice submitted to sponsors.
- GL Summary: Provides a more advanced reporting view to allow users to filter, group and burst summary data.
- GL Yearly Comparison: Provides a comparison by account for 2 to 5 fiscal years.
- GL Activity: Provides the same versatility as found in the GL Summary but at a detailed PeopleSoft transaction (journal) level.
- Non-USCSP Project Dashboard: Provides the ability to easily see cash balances and end dates for internal projects (USCIP), spendable endowments (USCEN), and student activity projects (USCSA) all in one report with drill downs into GL Summary and GL Activity. It also provides a quick way to see balances by department.
- Fund Dashboard: Provides a listing of available cash balances and outstanding encumbrances by individual fund (non-A Fund). It also provides a quick way to see balances by department.
Complete this form if you have suggestions for additional reporting needs. Forms will be reviewed and the Operational Management and Reporting team may reach for additional information.