Now Available! New Program Expense Card
Effective October 2nd, the Business Expense Card program was discontinued by the bank. In preparation for this change, the Controller’s Office developed the new Program Expense Card issued through Bank of America. This credit card can be used for educational programs (e.g., Study Abroad, Summer Programs, etc.) and participant incentive payments.
This new credit card program provides maximum flexibility for research participant payments with the ability to:
- purchase physical & electronic gift cards
- make cash-equivalent payments through apps/websites like Venmo, PayPal, etc.
- provide variable payment amounts
- run through PeopleSoft expense report workflow and approvals
Before you can take advantage of this new program, training is required. Visit our PeopleSoft Finance Training Schedule to register for a time that works best for you.
For additional information and resources see below and the Program Expense Card section on the Business Manager page.
If you have any questions, please contact our Treasury Team, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Expense Card
The Program Expense Card is a credit card used for educational programs (eg. Study Abroad, Summer Programs, etc.) and participant incentive payments. The cardholder must be a USC employee. The Program Expense Card cannot be used for individual travel or any purchase subject to procurement. Please email questions to email@example.com.
- Program Expense Card Procedures [pdf]
- Program Expense Card Request Form [pdf]
- Program Expense Card Update Form [pdf]
- Program Expense Cardholder Agreement [pdf]
- Program Expense Card Missing Receipt [pdf]
The Team Card is used to make purchases for athletic team related expenses (e.g. hotel, transportation, meals, etc.). Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team Cardholder Procedures [pdf]
- Team Card Request Form [pdf]
- Team Card Update Form [pdf]
- Team Cardholder Agreement [pdf]
- Team Card Missing Receipt Form [pdf]
The Travel Card is used to reduce the monetary burden to the traveler and provides the ability to book airline tickets (for employees, students, and non-employees) and registration (for employees and students). The program offers two types of cards:
- Individual Travel Card:Individual travel for airfare, hotel, and registration.
- Department Travel Card:Airfare (for employees, students, and non-employees) and pay registration (for employees and students).
Please email questions to mail email@example.com.
What is an endowment?
An endowment at the University of South Carolina is a permanent gift, an investment that gives back to the university forever.
Endowment funds are managed to provide a permanent source of income to support the educational mission of the university. The endowment, a set of pooled assets, is generally composed of many individual funds and is invested in a purposeful and accountable manner to generate income that:
- honors the donors’ intended purposes for their gift;
- supports the operating budget of the institution; and,
- is reinvested to protect the value of the endowment against inflation.
Visit the Business Manager page Endowment traning resources.